BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 6, 2017

United or Disorganized?


When my kids were little I had a really hard time keeping the house clean.  I would walk into the kitchen to do the dishes I would come back into the living room and it would look like a tornado had just ripped through it!  One day, when talking to my boys, I had him pick up a blanket.  They were on one side of the blanket and I was on the other.  I told them to try and move the blanket over to the couch.  They started walking over to the couch, but they didn't get very far before they were stuck because I was pulling on the other side of that blanket.  I kept encouraging them to take the blanket over to the couch and they kept pulling and pulling but pitted against me, it was not happening.  Finally, in frustration, they gave up and said, "We can't!  You're pulling against us."  I explained to them that this was how I felt with the housework.  I kept trying to clean up, and they kept trying to mess up!  We were not getting anywhere because we were pulling on opposite sides.  I asked them if they would pull with me.  Then we all took the blanket to the couch.  After that, I began using the phrase, "pull with me" in a lot of situations, and I still use it today.
When we pull together, we are able to do amazing things.  Because we are united!  When we pull against each other, or try to thwart somebody else's progress, it stops, not only them, but also us, in our progress.  We must be united with God, and his son Jesus Christ, in moving the world towards Him.  If we are not, then we are pulling against Him.  Unity is key in the army of God!  Join up!  With all of your heart, might, mind, and strength!  United we stand!
-Love, Sister Rhinehart


"We…..are all part of the Army of the Lord.  We must be united.  An army that is disorganized will not be united.  An army that is disorganized will not be victorious.  It is imperative that we close ranks, that we march together as one.  We cannot have division among us and expect victory.  We cannot have disloyalty and expect unity.  We cannot be unclean and expect the help of the Almighty."

- Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment