BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 30, 2017

Put on the Armor of God



When we choose to obey the commandments of God and the words of our prophet, we not only will receive blessings, but it will become easier to make good choices and choose the right in the future.  As a teenager I was confronted frequently to break the commandments and do things that I knew were against the standards of the church.  I grew up in area where there were not many kids who were LDS.  It was hard to stand up for what was right, especially because no one around me followed those same standards and I felt very alone and unpopular.  When I received my patriarchal blessing I was told that I would be able to recognize Satan's attempts and that when I saw them, that I would provide leadership, hope and peace for my friends.  My blessing said that I would be able help my friends avoid Satan's snares and pitfalls, and that my friends would bless me for it.  Even though it was difficult, I took courage in my blessing.  There were many times when we were invited to participate in things that I knew to be wrong.  When I took a stand and chose to obey the commandments, my friends would follow me and make the same choices, even though none of them were LDS.  Years later I have had friends from high school call me and tell me how glad they were that they made good choices and how it has affected their lives.  I testify that once you stand up for what it right, you are blessed with power from on high and it becomes easier to do what is right.
- Sister Landers

Are we willing to become totally obedient to God's law?  There comes a time in our lives when a definite decision must be made.  We should decide now, in the light of morning, how we will act when the darkness of night and when the storms of temptation arrive.
- Howard W. Hunter

"Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them." - Alma 57:21

No comments:

Post a Comment