BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 10, 2017

Don't you Quit


"My dear [sisters], because of the wave of confusion and doubt spreading throughout the world today, we must hold ever more tightly to our testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Then will our ability to defend to truth and justice greatly increase.  We will win the daily battles against evil, and, rather than fall on the battlefields of life, we will rally others to the Master's standards."
                - Elder Ulisses Soares




Summer 2005 was a pure test and trial for me.  I won’t go into the details, but I remember praying and telling Heavenly Father that I was done!  I could NOT handle ANYmore.  Shortly after this prayer, several new and VERY hard trials hit me at the same time.  I felt CRUSHED!  I honestly didn’t think I could handle it.  I remember sitting in a cafe in Oregon the night before my little brother’s funeral feeling desolate!  And then I remembered these words…(How Firm A Foundation Hymn #85)

When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply.
The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine.

Looking back, I see the benefit of enduring.  I didn’t think I could, but I did and I grew.  “You keep walking.  You keep trying…”  And so we do.  And so we are blessed.

I love you and pray for you in your trials.

Love,
Sister Rhinehart

No comments:

Post a Comment